Thursday, November 11, 2004

Yasser Arafat: Alive In Our Hearts...



"They either want to kill me, or capture me, or expel me. I hope I will be a martyr in the Holy Land. I have chosen this path and if I fall, one day a Palestinian child will raise the Palestinian flag above our mosques and churches." -- Arafat in a March 2002 interview with Al-Jazeera television, while under siege by Israeli forces at his Ramallah headquarters

Today, Yasser Arafat, Chairman of al-Fatah and the Palestine Liberation Organization and elected President of the Palestinian Authority, passed away in Paris from complications stemming from a blood disorder at the age of 75.

I’m speechless, I don’t know what to say, although we were prepared for his death, yet it’s hard to believe that such a great leader actually died.
All I can say is “DAMN YOU”, to all those who made him suffer, who locked him up in the same building for FOUR years, who enjoyed watching without the least feeling of guilt, or the least urge of humanity to give him a helping hand.
DAMN ALL OF YOU who are denying his right in being buried in Jerusalem, and who are happy with the death of a man who had the courage to stand up for his people, who dared to say NO to injustice.
Whether you like it or not PALESTINE is the homeland of all Palestinians, PALESTINE is the HOLY LAND, the land of ALL religions, NOT ONLY ONE. Palestine will stay this way, it will always be the Palestine we know not the one you want the world to forget.

Yasser Arafat will always be the symbol of the Palestinian people, his death will not change this fact and it will not mean the death of Palestine.
Let’s all pray for him, and pray for the people of Palestine…
INNA LILLAH WA INNA ILAYHI RAJI’OUN!