Thursday, January 29, 2004

CRAZY, Hope U Don't Go Through This!

The other day and while I was going to my French course in a BUS, I experienced a once in a lifetime “adventure”.
You know this feeling when you’re actually on the ground but still you feel like you’re flying! This is exactly how all people in this weird bus were feeling. You can say we were all in a skeleton of some metal pieces put together to form a shape of a bus. Other than this, nothing felt like a bus. The sound was weird, the breaks were funny, once too strong once they didn't work at all, and everything inside the bus (the chairs and the handles to be held while standing) they were all broken and the ones, which weren’t broken, were barely carrying themselves. Not to forget the bus driver of course. He was one hell of a maniac. He raced the cars and busses around him, he stopped so far from the bus stops he was supposed to stop at, and he enjoyed watching the passengers suffer.
Honestly, I never felt that insecure as well as funny before, and if I had time to waste waiting for a taxi to come, then I wouldn’t have hesitated to throw myself out of this strange thing we were in!
You might think: what could be so weird about a bus? How bad could it possibly get? So I’ll explain to you.
When you’re standing peacefully and then you hear an aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah,d,d,d,d,d,duuuduuuduuu (the Breaks) and then hear a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaf (the hand of the one next to you slapping your face) and then feel an ooooouuuuuch (a box you got accidentally by someone) and then you lose your balance try to hold anything, like the edge of a broken window for example, and then you go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW (while falling on the bus floor) and then see an OOOOOPS (a woman falling over you) and then hear a ppppfffffffffffffff (the bus doors opening), accompanied by a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM (when a bunch of people hit each other OVER YOU trying to reach the doors); then another ppppffffffffffff comes (the bus doors closing) along with a "STOP THE …… BUS" (people shouting to have a chance to get out of this mess and step out the bus) and then a vvvveeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveeen (the driver doubling the speed to TEASE us) and when you finally manage to stand on your legs like humans again, a eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (sudden breaks) comes, and the second thing you see is all the people in front falling on the ones in the back, till all are cursing on the ground…including you that is.
(But well, I wasn't cursing, I was laughing my head off! :)

So that is a weird bus and a crazy bus driver and a bunch of crazy people who agreed on staying with him in his stupid machine.
I just thank God I arrived safe and sound. Ok, I felt sick, dizzy, and shaking as if I was put in a mixer. And well, I had my back killing me all night long and felt pain all over my body, and couldn’t stop dreaming of what could’ve happened in a worse scenario, but in the end of the day I was like: I survived didn’t I ;).